5 Natural Ways To Improve The Air Quality Of Your Home
Do you suffer from allergies, asthma, or sinus problems? Do your family members have difficulty breathing? You may be looking for ways to improve the air quality of your home and make it healthier. There are many things you can do on a daily basis to create a better environment indoors. Some simple tips include: opening windows, changing filters in furnaces, and vacuuming carpets more often. This article will provide some natural solutions that offer relief for common indoor air pollution woes such as dust mites and animal dander.
Here are 5 natural ways for better air quality:
1) It’s always a good idea to take off your shoes when you come in so that the bottom of them doesn’t give someone else an unfortunate surprise. And if there are pesticides or other pollutants on these feet, they can get into places where it’s not supposed to go! Place boot trays by each door for easy disposal and avoid keeping any outside dirt coming inside- including sand from beaches near vacation homes (which may contain bacteria).
2) Your home’s humidity is important for keeping the air fresh and safe. A too-high level poses risks of mildew, mold growths on furnishings or personal items like clothing that could cause illness if inhaled; while a low level may lead to dryness in your skin as well as other health complications such asthma attacks due to lack in moisture content. To maintain an ideal balance between these factors without risking either issue: 30 – 50%. This means having enough water vapor present at any given time so it reaches about 2 inches above flooring surfaces but not more than 10″ up.
3) Adding plants in any room of the house can be beneficial for many reasons-from adding color and natural beauty to make you feel better because they act as an air purifier.
Add a spider plant or terrarium to not only brighten up your space but help clear the air. Though there are some who prefer lighter shade like green leaves on trees when it comes down to choosing which type of greenery is right for them we recommend looking at what kind will thrive best with sunlight getting enough light through their window/doorway without being too shaded out by other elements around such as curtains (don’t forget about blocking those harsh afternoon summer suns). If living spaces have high ceilings then consider putting indoor plants on the floor down below if you’re worried about not being able to reach them for watering or other care needs.
4) Mold and mildew can be really gross, but they’re not just ugly- they pose a serious health risk to you! The dampness from these fungi causes them to cause coughing fits or even lung infections. To reduce your chances of getting mold in the first place make sure that any leaky pipes are fixed by an expert plumber before it gets worse so as for both dehumidifier and air conditioning systems empty out their drip trays frequently (at least once each day).
5) Keeping your floors clean is the best way to keep them from getting dirty. Not only will it make for a more sanitary environment, but also reduce allergens and bacteria on carpets or rugs that come into contact with dirt all too often! Vacuum cleaners equipped with HEPA filters are perfect tools in this effort since they capture small airborne particles which can be unhealthy if inhaled by you or someone else walking through.
Mop up after every use so there’s no chance of tracked-in grime making its way onto other surfaces around the house.
Are You Worried About Your Indoor Air Quality?
Superior Mechanical Services, Inc. began in 1948 as a family-owned business with a vision to provide value-minded service with a down-to-earth approach to customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Your home’s heating and air conditioning system play a significant role in the overall comfort of your household. It can represent 40% or more on your utility bill, so it is important to have a professional and experienced contractor who understands what your home needs to keep you safe and comfortable! Our team specializes in installing the most sophisticated filtration and humidification systems available. We can recommend a system that’s right for your home, as well as the installation of air cleaners/filters along with cleaning services whenever needed! Contact us today for amazing service tomorrow!