7 Signs You Need To Replace Your Hot Water Heater In California
If you’re living in California, then it’s important to know when it’s time to replace your hot water heater. Hot water heaters typically last for about 10 years, but there are some signs that will indicate that it’s time for a replacement. In this article, we will go over the 7 most common signs that you need to replace your hot water heater. So if you’re not sure whether or not you need a new one, read on!
1. Discolored Or Rusty Water: If the water that is flowing out of the tap has a stained or rusty appearance, this is one of the clearest symptoms that you need to replace your hot water heater. This is due to corrosion within the tank, which can be caused by a variety of factors, such as a buildup of silt or minerals from hard water. The corrosion has occurred as a result of the buildup of minerals. If you observe that your hot water has a ruddy-brown hue, this is an unmistakable indication that it is time to replace your water heater.
2. Leaks: If there are any visible leaks surrounding the tank or emanating from it, this is another huge symptom that you need to repair your hot water heater as soon as possible. It is possible that the leak cannot be repaired and that a complete replacement will be necessary in order to prevent any additional damage from taking place. This conclusion will be reached based on the location of the source of the leak as well as the rate at which it is spreading.
3. Unusual Noises: A third indication that your hot water heater needs replacing is if you start hearing strange noises coming from it when it’s in use. These sounds can range from loud banging, hissing and sizzling noises which are all indicative of something wrong with your appliance. Generally speaking, these noises mean that something has gone wrong internally with either the heating elements or the pressure relief valve, both of which would require immediate attention and may require replacement depending on the extent of the damage.
4. Lack Of Hot Water: Not getting enough hot water when you turn on the tap can be another indication that there’s something wrong with your hot water heater and potentially requires replacement. Over time sediment builds up in tanks, causing them to become less efficient at heating up water as quickly as they once did – meaning you get less hot water than usual when using them. If this happens frequently then it’s likely time for a new one!
5. Age: As mentioned earlier, an electric hot water heater typically lasts around 10 years before needing replacement – so if yours has been in use for this amount of time then it’s likely best to get a new one installed rather than continuing to make use of an outdated model with potential issues down the line due to age-related deterioration in efficacy and performance levels over time.
6. Increased Energy Bills: An increase in energy bills is usually indicative that something isn’t quite right with either your home heating system or appliances – including your hot water heater! An inefficient model will use more energy than necessary while still providing insufficient heating results – meaning increased bills over time as more electricity needs to constantly be used by an aging appliance; thus indicating an impending need for replacement sooner rather than later!
7. Pilot Light Issues: Lastly, if you continually have trouble lighting up your pilot light then this could also indicate an issue with your current unit – more specifically something related to its internal components resulting in problems with consistent ignition sources within its main burner compartment; again highlighting potential issues requiring eventual replacement after certain diagnostics have been completed by qualified professionals first
You might be surprised how often you rely on hot water in your daily routine. From taking showers to doing the laundry, having access to hot water is imperative for many homeowners. If you’re starting to notice any of these signs, it might be time to replace your old hot water heater. By heeding these warnings, you can avoid being left without hot water in the middle of winter.
Do You Need A Hot Water Heater Installer You Can Trust?
Superior Mechanical Services, Inc. began in 1948 as a family-owned business with a vision to provide value-minded service with a down-to-earth approach to customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. As the premier Commercial and Residential Hot Water Heater Installation Company for Livermore, Dublin, and Pleasanton, Superior Mechanical can do everything from heating and air conditioning to boiler services to plumbing services – including hot water heater installations! Our certified technicians will ensure every part of your project is done right using a careful checklist to guide and test each step. At the end of your appointment, we’ll show you how to get the most out of your new system and give you tips on maintenance so it lasts for years to come. Contact us today for amazing service tomorrow!