Ductless mini splits can be a great way to cool your home during the summer, but are they really worth it? This is a question that’s asked by homeowners all the time. In this article, we’ll explore some of the pros and cons of these systems so you can decide if they’re right for you.
Advantages of Mini Splits AC System
- Offer a variety of sizes, so they can be used in many homes with different needs. In addition to the standard size for whole house cooling and heating systems, there are also models that will only cool or heat one room at a time. This is really great if you just need something small like an air conditioner for your office space. Ductless mini splits are available as floor units which work up to 18 feet away from the outside unit. They’re also available as wall mounted options that act like central air conditioning instead of window air conditioning units on two walls adjacent to each other (or one corner). Like ducted mini split systems, these require installation by professionals who will create a hole in the wall, usually near an exterior door.
- Ductless Mini Splits are a great option for homeowners who want to save on energy costs without having to make major changes to their home (like they would have to do with central air conditioning). Ductless systems work by transferring cool air from the outdoor unit, through the indoor coils and then out into your living space at consistent temperatures indoors- something you just can’t achieve with window or portable AC units since hot outside air is always blown in after being circulated around your room. This makes ductless mini splits perfect for use in homes that have bad insulation as well as those that don’t get much direct sunlight throughout the day which causes them to heat up quickly.
- They offer significant advantages over traditional window units such as putting out cool air at constant temperatures indoors (something that just can’t be done with window OR portable ACs), higher efficiency rates, decreased costs during unoccupied periods, and lower installation costs. The one disadvantage of ductless ACs is that they are a little more expensive than the alternatives right now but this should reverse over time as prices for all kinds of products continue to rise.
Disadvantages Of Mini Splits AC System
- Despite these benefits there are some drawbacks of using a ductless mini split AC system. One of the biggest is that you’re limited in your installation options since they must be installed outside, sometimes on a roof or patio where there’s plenty of space for them to work properly. This can also make them tough to install when houses are close together and pitches between roofs aren’t great which means it’ll take more time and effort to find an ideal spot with enough room.”
- Ductless mini splits AC systems aren’t for everybody. If you live in an area where the weather is mild, they might not be worth it because your bills will likely stay low no matter what system you install and that’s money which can go elsewhere towards something else like a mortgage payment or groceries.
- Another issue to consider before getting one of these systems is whether or not ducting work needs to happen beforehand. You’ll have better luck finding contractors who are willing to do this kind of work during winter when there aren’t as many people doing projects around their homes so waiting until then could save time and headaches later on.
- And finally: cost! These systems often start at $2000 (sometimes more) but since prices rise every year, if you buy now while things are still fairly cheap, you’ll save money in the long run.
Ductless Mini Split AC systems are a great way to save money on your energy bill, but they do come with some drawbacks. If you have the space and can afford it, ductless mini splits may be worth checking out for yourself! For more information about how our team of experts can help you make an informed decision about whether or not this is the best system for your home, contact us today.
Considering Installing a Ductless Mini Split AC System in Your Home or Office?
Superior Mechanical Services, Inc. began in 1948 as a family-owned business with a vision to provide value-minded service with a down-to-earth approach to customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. As the premier Commercial and Residential HVAC Service provider for Livermore, Dublin, and Pleasanton, Superior Mechanical can do it all, from heating and air conditioning services (including Minisplit AC Systems!) to boiler services, to plumbing services. Ductless systems offer instant cooling on demand and even temperature control for each room as you use it. Whether you are already an owner of a ductless system looking for tune-up, maintenance, and repair help or you’re considering ductless systems Superior Mechanical Services can help. With more than 6 decades of experience helping residential and commercial customers in Livermore, our reputation speaks for itself, and you’ll love the results. Contact us today for amazing service tomorrow!