Common AC Problems: Why Is My AC Suddenly Making Weird Noises?
It’s the middle of summer and your AC is working overtime to keep you cool. Suddenly, it starts making weird noises. You’re not sure what’s going on, but you know that you don’t want to have to call an HVAC technician to come and fix it. In this article, we will discuss some of the most common AC problems and how to fix them yourself!
- The first typical issue is that the air conditioner isn’t keeping the room at the desired temperature as effectively as it once did. This may be the result of a number of factors, including clogged filters or a loss of Freon, for example. The best way to troubleshoot this issue is to check your owner’s manual for specific instructions on how to clean or replace your filters, and then call a professional if you suspect there may be a Freon leak in your system. Checking your owner’s manual for specific instructions on how to clean or replace your filters is the best way to troubleshoot this issue.
- Strange noises emanating from the air conditioner are another issue that frequently arises. Fixing this problem is as simple as tightening any screws or bolts that may have become loose inside the device, which is typically caused by parts that are not properly secured within the device. If the noise continues, on the other hand, it may be an indication of more serious damage; in this case, you should get in touch with a professional.
- The third typical issue with air conditioners is the presence of water leaks. In most cases, this is caused by a clogged drain line, which can be remedied by clearing the line using a plunger or a plumber’s snake. If the leak continues, on the other hand, it may be an indication of a more serious problem, such as a cracked evaporator coil; in this case, you should seek assistance from a trained professional.
- Insufficient airflow is the fourth issue on our list of common problems with air conditioners. There are a number of potential reasons for this, including a clogged ductwork or a dirty air filter. The examination of your air filter, followed by its thorough cleaning or replacement, if necessary, is the most effective method for diagnosing and fixing this problem. If you have any reason to believe that there is a blockage in the ductwork, you need to get in touch with an expert to have it checked out and cleaned.
- The fifth common AC problem is uneven cooling. This can be caused by several things, such as closed vents in some rooms or an improperly sized AC unit for the square footage of your home. To fix this issue, you’ll need to open any closed vents and make sure that all vents are unobstructed. If you’re still having problems, you may need to consult with a professional to see if your AC unit is the right size for your home.
- The frequent cycling of an AC unit is the sixth most common issue. This indicates that the air conditioning unit cycles on and off more frequently than usual, and there are a number of potential causes for this behavior, including a dirty air filter or incorrect settings on the thermostat. The examination of your air filter, followed by its thorough cleaning or replacement, if necessary, is the most effective method for diagnosing and fixing this problem. You should also check the settings on the thermostat to ensure that they are appropriate for the temperature that is currently being experienced outside. If the issue continues, you might need to seek the assistance of a trained professional.
- Last but not least, the seventh common AC problem is ice buildup on the evaporator coil. This can be caused by several things, such as a dirty air filter or low refrigerant levels. The best way to troubleshoot this issue is to check your air filter and clean or replace it if necessary. You should also have a professional check the refrigerant levels and recharge them if needed.
If your AC unit is making strange noises, it’s important to call in a professional to take a look and diagnose the problem. There are many potential causes of weird AC noises, from loose or dirty filters to a refrigerant leak. The sooner you can get your AC unit fixed, the sooner you can enjoy cool, refreshing air indoors again.
Do You Need an HVAC Installer You Can Trust?
Superior Mechanical Services, Inc. began in 1948 as a family-owned business with a vision to provide value-minded service with a down-to-earth approach to customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. As the premier Commercial and Residential HVAC Service provider for Livermore, Dublin, and Pleasanton, Superior Mechanical can do it all, from heating and air conditioning services to boiler services, to plumbing services. Our technicians are certified professionals who will ensure every part of your project is done right using a careful checklist to guide and test each step. At the end of your appointment, we’ll show you how to get the most out of your new system and give you tips on maintenance so it lasts for years to come. Contact us today for amazing service tomorrow!
Previous Article Home Next Article