Green General Store
Dublin, CA 94568, United States
Green General Store is a locally owned and operated store that has been providing customers in the Dublin, CA area with all their home improvement needs for over 10 years. Green General Store has three locations to serve you better, one of which is conveniently located at the intersection of Greenfield Drive and Greenfield Court. Green General Store offers an extensive selection of products including lumber, hardware supplies, plumbing supplies, windows & doors, roofing materials, and more!
The Green store was built in 1860 by John Green. He came from New York and became Dublin’s first leading businessman, bringing commerce to a town that had no stores or business until then! By 1870 there were two hotels–a mercantile shop with a hotel attached on Main Street; also a blacksmith-wagon maker hired out for work when needed – along with shoemakers who made their shoes right there at home to thanks so much for his expertise-, schools teaching up through 8th grade (the latter being taught privately), churches offering daily services including Sundays… And this all happened around 1878 when it officially got its name: “Dublin” after Ireland meaning “Black Pool.” Green Store remained open until the 1970s.
Green General Store is a locally owned and operated store that has been providing customers in the Dublin, CA area with all their home improvement needs for over 12 years. Green General Store offers an extensive selection of products including lumber, hardware supplies, plumbing supplies, windows & doors, roofing materials, and more!
The Green General Store was registered with California’s Office of Historic Preservation on December 7, 1979. This building is not officially a part of Heritage Park but it does sit right across the street and played an important role in Dublin’s development from the beginning until now- even before there were any other buildings around here! Originally established by John “Green” back when it served as Dublin’s first general store during 1860-1870 period where he would sell anything under the sun while running his business out front next door at what we know today as Kolb & Sons Jewelers (which opened up shortly after). However, things took off once George Jr.- son who held onto family legacy passed down. This building has been many things over the years – from a general store, post office, and library to a restaurant. It’s now serving as our church!
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Dublin, California is blessed to be home to some of the area’s most delightful attractions that inspire both residents and visitors alike. Check out these amazing attractions on your next visit:
- Fallon Sports Park
- The Wave at Emerald Glen Park
- Dublin Heritage Park & Museums
- Forest Home Farms Historic Park
- Kolb House and Facilities
- Green General Store
- Murray Schoolhouse Museum
- Pioneer Cemetery
- Old St. Raymond’s Church
All of these wonderful attractions are located just a short distance from our location at Wright Brothers Avenue in Livermore! Stop by for a visit anytime!