How Expensive Is An AC Installation?
It’s the middle of summer and you can feel the heat start to creep in. You know it’s time to get your air conditioner serviced, but how much is it going to cost? AC installation prices vary depending on a number of factors, such as the size of your home, the type of AC unit you choose and whether or not any repairs are needed. In this blog post, we will provide an estimate for how much you can expect to pay for an AC installation. Keep reading to learn more!
How Much Does It Cost To Install an Air Conditioning System?
The average cost to install an air conditioning system is $2600. However, this price can vary depending on the size of your home and the type of AC unit you choose. If you need a new AC unit, the installation cost will be higher than if you are simply getting your existing unit serviced. Additionally, if any repairs are needed, this will also increase the cost of installation. When choosing an AC unit, it is important to consult with a professional to ensure that you are getting the best possible deal. They can help you select a unit that is the right size for your home and provide you with a quote for installation services.
Types of Air Conditioning System Units?
- Central air conditioners: These units are the most common type of AC system. They are typically installed in homes with forced-air heating systems. Central air conditioners cool your home by circulating chilled air through a system of ducts. The average cost to install a central air conditioner is $2600.
- Room air conditioners: Room air conditioners are less common than central air conditioners, but they can be a good option for homes without ductwork. Room air conditioners cool your home by circulating chilled air through a room. The average cost to install a room air conditioner is $600.
- Portable air conditioners: Portable air conditioners are the least common type of AC system. They are small, self-contained units that can be moved from room to room. The average cost to install a portable air conditioner is $200.
- Window air conditioners: Window air conditioners are another option for homes without ductwork. Window air conditioners cool your home by circulating chilled air through a window. The average cost to install a window air conditioner is $300.
- Mini-split air conditioners: Mini-split air conditioners are a type of AC system that is growing in popularity. They consist of an outdoor unit and one or more indoor units. Mini-split air conditioners cool your home by circulating chilled air through ducts. The average cost to install a mini-split air conditioner is $2000.
- Geothermal heat pumps: Geothermal heat pumps are a type of AC system that uses the earth’s natural heat to cool your home. Geothermal heat pumps are very efficient and can save you money on your energy bills. The average cost to install a geothermal heat pump is $5,000.
What other factors affect the cost of an AC installation?
In addition to the size of your home and the type of AC unit you choose, there are a few other factors that can affect the cost of your AC installation. These include:
The age of your home: Older homes may need additional work to prepare for an AC installation. This could include adding insulation or repairing ductwork.
The climate in your area: If you live in an area with a hot climate, your AC unit will have to work harder to keep your home cool. This can increase the cost of installation and operating costs.
The size of your AC unit: If you choose a larger AC unit, it will be more expensive to install than a smaller unit. However, it will also be more efficient and save you money in the long run.
How To Save Money From AC Installation?
If you’re looking to save money on your AC installation, there are a few things you can do. First, be sure to schedule your installation during the off-season. AC companies typically have more availability and lower prices during the spring and fall months. Additionally, you can ask for a quote from multiple companies and compare prices before making a decision. By taking these steps, you can be sure that you are getting the best possible price on your AC installation.
Installing an air conditioning system is a big investment. However, it is one that will pay off in the long run by keeping your home cool and comfortable all summer long. If you are concerned about the cost of installation, be sure to consult with a professional and get multiple quotes before making a final decision. With a little bit of research, you can be sure to find an AC unit that fits both your needs and your budget.
Do You Need an HVAC Installer You Can Trust?
Superior Mechanical Services, Inc. began in 1948 as a family-owned business with a vision to provide value-minded service with a down-to-earth approach to customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. As the premier Commercial and Residential HVAC Service provider for Livermore, Dublin, and Pleasanton, Superior Mechanical can do it all, from heating and air conditioning services to boiler services, to plumbing services. Our technicians are certified professionals who will ensure every part of your project is done right using a careful checklist to guide and test each step. At the end of your appointment, we’ll show you how to get the most out of your new system and give you tips on maintenance so it lasts for years to come. Contact us today for amazing service tomorrow!
Previous Article Home Next Article