Have you ever had a problem with your HVAC system? Your local contractor is definitely on speed dial when your cooling and heating system isn’t working as it should—after all, maintenance is far less expensive than replacement, right? Not all of the time.
Before you hire a contractor to come out and fix your machine, think about whether an HVAC replacement will have a decent return on your investment.
When Can The HVAC System Be Replaced?
In certain cases, HVAC replacement is the obvious solution. If you’re in either of the above situations, the advantages of substitution usually outweigh the disadvantages of repair.
- If the new HVAC machine is more than ten years old, it’s time to consider replacing it. Most HVAC systems last around 15 years, so if yours is still working well, there’s no need to upgrade it right away. However, if you do your homework now, you’ll know just what to do if your HVAC machine fails unexpectedly.
- Keep in mind that if you have an outdated device, you would more likely be paying more in energy costs than if you upgraded to a newer one. Modern systems have become more effective as a result of new technologies, and converting to one of these energy-efficient systems might save you a lot of money on your power bills.
- It is customary, protection comes first. If you believe your HVAC system is posing a safety risk to your family, replacement is the best option. Failures in your cooling and heating system can result in dangerous effects such as carbon monoxide poisoning and fires.
- If your heating and cooling system have needed maintenance more than once or twice in the last few years, it might be time to consider replacing it. Repairing outdated machines is always a waste of resources that could be better used on newer, more energy-efficient HVAC systems. Here’s a quick guide: If your labor and components cost more than $1,000, it’s time to repair it.
Things to consider if you choose to repair?
- The cost of HVAC replacement is typically higher than that of repair, so it’s important to remember how this investment can support your family for years to come.
- If replacing your HVAC would just add a year or two to its life expectancy, HVAC replacement is certainly the best option.
- When you invest in an energy-efficient HVAC machine, the return is usually higher, and replacement almost always saves you money in the long run.
- When calculating the cost of HVAC repair, bear in mind that repairing can be more cost-effective in the long run. It’s a marathon, not a run when it comes to spending money on heating and cooling.
If you’re still unsure, hire a contractor to do an energy audit on your building. This audit will look for locations where there are energy leaks, and the results will help you decide if your device just requires minor maintenance or whether HVAC replacement is in the future.
Have You Been Searching for an HVAC Repair Service You Can Trust?
Congratulations, you’ve found it! Superior Mechanical Services, Inc. began in 1948 as a family-owned business with a vision to provide value-minded service with a down-to-earth approach to customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. As the premier Commercial and Residential HVAC repair company for Livermore, Dublin, and Pleasanton, Superior Mechanical can do it all, from heating and air conditioning services to boiler services, to plumbing services. Our AC repair technicians are certified professionals who will ensure every part of your project is done right using a careful checklist to guide and test each step. At the end of your appointment, we’ll show you how to get the most out of your system and give you tips on maintenance so it lasts for years to come. Contact us today for amazing service tomorrow!