Troubleshooting Your HVAC
Think you have a minor problem with your HVAC system? Try these before calling an HVAC professional:
- Check filters and replace them, if dirty.
- Inspect all supply and return vents for obstructions; move any furniture or items, so that air can move freely.
- Remove debris (such as fallen leaves, overgrown plantings, weeds, etc.) around the outdoor unit.
- Make sure the thermostat is in proper heating or cooling mode.
- Replace thermostat batteries.
- Check that breakers, switches, and disconnects are in ‘ON’ position.
- Consider leaving the fan on ‘continuous’ setting while waiting for repair service to circulate air.