The best way to keep your home cool in the summer is by installing a ductless mini split AC system. These systems work much like traditional air conditioners, but they don’t need a connection to the outside of the house and can be installed just about anywhere. In this article, we’ll go over some of the most common problems with these systems so you know what to look out for if you’re thinking about purchasing one for yourself.
Six Common Problems of Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
1. Compressor malfunctions and breaks down. These mini splits are generally more expensive than traditional air conditioners, so a breakage is much more costly for the homeowner. If you’re noticing that your unit seems to be running constantly and staying on high temperatures even though it’s not hot outside or if it hasn’t been used in awhile, this could mean your compressor has broken down. This would require professional repair service, but as long as you have an extended warranty or can afford to pay out of pocket for one of these repairs (it usually costs about $500), then go ahead and call someone! You’ll need a licensed contractor who specializes in ductless AC systems like Pinnacle Heating & Air Conditioning .
2. Excessive dust can accumulate on the coils, which will cause it to work harder than necessary. The compressor might have a leak in its sealant that’s causing refrigerant gas to escape over time (this is called “leaking”). This would require professional repair service as well if you don’t plan on replacing your AC unit altogether! Avoid using ductless mini split units during cold months because they run off of heat pumps instead of compressors, meaning there are fewer mechanical parts for them to use when they’re generating cool air. Some people may find this easier since it doesn’t generate as much noise.
3. If your ductless mini split unit has a cooling capacity that is too high for the space, it will not be able to cool down and may blow hot air instead. This can happen even if you have central AC on in other rooms of the house because those units don’t share their system with one another like ductless mini splits do. Make sure to take measurements before purchasing or prepare for some major overcompensation!
4. If your ductless mini split unit has a heating capacity that is too high for the space, it will not be able to heat up and may blow cool air instead. This can happen even if you have central AC on in other rooms of the house because those units don’t share their system with one another like ductless mini splits do. Make sure to take measurements before purchasing or prepare for some major under compensation!
5. The SEER rating doesn’t matter as much when talking about how well each individual room is cooled by a single unit, but it does matter when comparing systems between homes. With lower SEER ratings, a home’s overall efficiency goes down – which means more power bills at the end of the day!
6. If the unit is not installed properly, it could leak and cause damage to your carpet or flooring. This can be avoided by following manufacturers installation guidelines carefully. And you’ll want to make sure that any furniture placed in front of these units are at least a few inches away from them for safety reasons!
Overall, Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioners have some great benefits but also come with some downsides as well- like the high cost to install, the need to have a professional do it for you and not being able to use any furniture in front of them. If these issues don’t deter you from wanting one though then we recommend having professionals help you find the best system for your needs.
Considering Installing a Ductless Mini Split AC System in Your Home or Office?
Superior Mechanical Services, Inc. began in 1948 as a family-owned business with a vision to provide value-minded service with a down-to-earth approach to customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. As the premier Commercial and Residential HVAC Service provider for Livermore, Dublin, and Pleasanton, Superior Mechanical can do it all, from heating and air conditioning services (including Minisplit AC Systems!) to boiler services, to plumbing services. Ductless systems offer instant cooling on demand and even temperature control for each room as you use it. Whether you are already an owner of a ductless system looking for tune-up, maintenance, and repair help or you’re considering ductless systems Superior Mechanical Services can help. With more than 6 decades of experience helping residential and commercial customers in Livermore, our reputation speaks for itself, and you’ll love the results. Contact us today for amazing service tomorrow!